[tex-hyphen] Afrikaans hyphenation patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 03:40:49 CEST 2010

Dear list,

We have added Afrikaans hyphenation patterns (we have a South African
participant at the ConTeXt meeting who had to have documents with long
lists of \hyphenation{...} at the beginning of every document and we
figured out that OOo had patterns for that language). The patterns
were not in the best shape, so any future improvement could/should be
done without worrying about backward compatibility.

Once the new package gets to CTAN, here's the tlpsrc file to be used
(values 2/2 were simply inherited from Dutch without a deeper
thought):
    http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/TL/tlpkg/tlpsrc/hyphen-afrikaans.tlpsrc

We would like to ask for some testing before it gets included, in
particular we have not tested the LuaTeX part and if any values of
memory limitations might need to be changed. The patterns are pretty
long.

Mojca and Arthur