[tex-hyphen] ptex-specific patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 29 21:26:23 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 21:18, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> What I wanted to say was: maybe we only need to recognize pTeX as an
> 8-bit engine and then all the patterns will work properly.
>
> The following trick works for platex (and probably fails for ptex, but
> ptex currently doesn't load any extra patterns):
>    \expandafter\ifx\csname pfmtversion\endcsname\relax

This seems to be a list of pTeX primitives:
    http://ascii.asciimw.jp/pb/ptex/index.html
so we could also misuse one of those to recognize the engine.

But I'm still a bit confused about the fact of whether the engine is
supposed to behave more like 8-bit pdfTeX or more like UTF-8 XeTeX,
also given the fact that it also supports OTF fonts if I'm not
mistaken.

(Homepage for the rest of us:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://ascii.asciimw.jp/pb/ptex/index.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1)