[tex-hyphen] ptex-specific patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 28 13:31:08 CEST 2010

Dear Karl and Akira,

We've noticed a set of ptex-specific patterns under
     http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric/
most of them containing a slightly outdated versions of patterns.

Is there anything we can do in hyph-utf8 to eliminate the need for a
duplicate (some of them old and unmaintaned) set of patterns? If ptex
would want to have a full set of languages included, one could easily
create a copy of full language.dat to language.ptx. If ptex needs some
special version of patterns (some particular encoding), we can create
ptex-specific patterns loaders in addition to loadhyph-foo.tex. If
there are any languages missing in hyph-utf8, we can add them.

Is there anything else that I'm missing?