[tex-hyphen] Adding turkmen hyphenation and language definition to babel

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 00:13:27 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 20:14, Nazar Annagurban wrote:

> I found the mailing-list through google. I'd like to ask you about adding a
> new hyphenation language. I have prepared the hyphenation patterns for the
> turkmen language (Turkmenistan) and tested it using the java implementation
> of Frank Liangs algorithm. However, I'd like to test that the charset (our
> special character that are not in latin1) works correctly under tex (latex)
> before I submit it.

Hello Nazar,

Thanks a lot for you contribution.

I have added the patterns (with some minor changes) and generating
script to our repository:
    http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen?view=revision&revision=311
The charset seems to be OK, I blindly assumed that EC/T1 encoding
should be used for pdfTeX.

We might want to improve the header with accompanying text a bit.

Next comes the babel/polyglossia support. (It's not maintaned by us,
but we can help you get it done.)