[tex-hyphen] ptex-specific patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 01:41:46 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 00:38, Karl Berry wrote:
> I repeat: my strong preference is not to try to merge ptex pattern stuff
> into hyph-utf8 now.

I have created the following files for testing:

http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/branches/ptex/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/ptex/?pathrev=427
http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/branches/ptex/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/loadhyph/?pathrev=427

but I don't mind if they get merged next year (or maybe never at all
due to some better approach).

Mojca

PS: Since it seems that we won't be able to use any "smart approach" -
if it is not possible to make characters above 255 active - this was
an attempt to auto-generate pTeX-friendly patterns. These patterns
could (and probably also should) be tested with pdfTeX as well.

PPS (not to be taken seriously): As far as the next year is concerned:
any chance to convince the author(s) of pTeX to allow active
characters above 255? :) :) :)