[tex-hyphen] tex patterns as lua files

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:23:58 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:41, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 08:46, Élie Roux wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to upload the new hyphenation system for LaTeX
>> (http://github.com/eroux/luatex-hyphen), but I still didn't get a
>> precise answer

There is now branches/luatex branch. Feel free to modify it as heavily
as you wish.

Once again: I would like to discuss the proper inclusion of dtx file
once (since I don't understand yet how exactly that works), but that's
a low-priority. Just make sure to get all the files that are really
needed by the distribution included properly.

You may put the dtx file under hyph-utf8/source/generic/hyph-utf8
(feel free to decide whether you want a subdir or not) and the rest
under hyph-utf8/tex/[generic or luatex - no
idea]/hyph-utf8/[something]

> It would probably also make sense to rename the files, to reflect at
> least remotely that they are about hyphenation. Something like
> - hyph-fr.chr.txt
> - hyph-fr.hyp.txt
> - hyph-fr.pat.txt
> - hyph-fr.lic.txt

And the same question is still applicable: should I rename the files
to hyph-xx.xxx.txt?

> What do you think?

I have moved those files into TDS tree. I'm not sure about what the
location of language.dat.lua should be.

It can either be auto-genereted and kept inside hyph-utf8 tree or
auto-generated by tlmgr and kept somewhere else, but maybe the first
option is better since you don't depend on tlmgr that much and it
doesn't bring any speedup or any other advantage if auto-generated by
tlmgr. Just more external dependencies and the need to fix tlmgr in
case that you will need any changes in file format. So I suggest that
we move language.dat.lua somewhere inside hyph-utf8's TDS tree as
well.

So again something for Karl: what's the best place for the following file?

http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/branches/luatex/TL/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat.lua

Maybe all the other lua files should be added in the same folder?