[tex-hyphen] etex.src

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Apr 27 09:46:16 CEST 2010

Le 27/04/2010 09:22, Élie Roux a écrit :
> 2010/4/27 Mojca Miklavec<mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>:
>>
>> So ... if you want to load Knuth's patterns using the "lua" way,

A priori we don't. Those are the only patterns we want to load at format
creation time (well, of course they will be rehashed at format loading, but for
one single language, who cares) for compatibility reasons. We do want Knuth
patterns to be active as soon as the format is loaded.

> and having this in languages.dat.lua:
>
>         ["english"]={
>                 loader="hyphen.tex", -- or anything else
>                 code="en-US-Knuth",
>                 lefthyphenmin=2,
>                 righthyphenmin=3,
>                 synonyms={"USenglish", "usenglish", "american"},
>         },
>         ["usenglishmax"]={
>                 loader="loadhyph-en-us.tex",
>                 code="en-US",
>                 lefthyphenmin=2,
>                 righthyphenmin=3,
>                 synonyms={},
>         }

Sounds nice but I don't see any practical need.

Manuel.