[tex-hyphen] Cannot find working German hyphenation patterns

Vladimirs Gluskovs Vladimirs.Gluskovs at exigenservices.com
Wed Jun 10 17:03:47 CEST 2009

Dear Mojca Miklavec and Arthur Reutenauer,

I have copied fop-hyph.jar to {fop}/build directory, as it is documented
in Installation instruction.

Then I try to run FOP to format document  containing one  <fo:block>  of
German text and following attributes:

        hyphenate="true"
        language="de"
        white-space-collapse="true"

        hyphenation-character="-"
        hyphenation-remain-character-count="2"
        hyphenation-push-character-count="2"

I get messages:

Error building hyphenation tree for language de
Couldn't find hyphenation pattern de

With  language="en" hyphenation works nice!!

Couldn't you say why "de" (and "ge" as well) does not work ?

With best regards,
Vladimir Glushkov,
Riga, Latvia, EXIGEN SERVICES Latvia