[tex-hyphen] ann: dehyph-exptl v0.20

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Wed Jul 1 01:19:17 CEST 2009

Hi Karl,

Karl Berry schrieb:
> Hi Stephan,
>
>     no other package relying on dehyph-exptl
>
> Indeed, nothing depends on it.
>
>     just to make deinstallation of dehyph-exptl in preparation of a manual
>
> After install, run tlmgr remove dehyph-exptl ?

That says something like (sorry on wrong machine now):

  cannot remove the package, since it depends on collection-langgerman

The command

  tlmgr remove --force dehyph-exptl

works, however.  Maybe I should be just fine with that.

>     Would it be possible to make dehyph-exptl a stand-alone package that
>     doesn't belong to any collection
>
> Sorry, no.  That would make it a special case in every conceivable way.

Is every package part of a collection?  (Just wondering.)

>     other hand, might this be a non-issue in TeX Live 2009
>     (because there will be no update freeze when TeX Live 2010 appears)?
>
> I still expect there to be an update freeze.  What we *hope* (but cannot
> know for sure until the time comes) is that it will be possible to run
> "tlmgr update --all" and update from TL09 to TL10.  That's independent
> of whether there is a freeze on network updates.

OK, that sounds good.  Please ignore my last mail.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig