[tex-hyphen] ann: dehyph-exptl v0.20

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jul 1 00:36:39 CEST 2009

Hi Stephan,

    no other package relying on dehyph-exptl

Indeed, nothing depends on it.

    just to make deinstallation of dehyph-exptl in preparation of a manual

After install, run tlmgr remove dehyph-exptl ?

    Would it be possible to make dehyph-exptl a stand-alone package that
    doesn't belong to any collection

Sorry, no.  That would make it a special case in every conceivable way.

    other hand, might this be a non-issue in TeX Live 2009
    (because there will be no update freeze when TeX Live 2010 appears)?

I still expect there to be an update freeze.  What we *hope* (but cannot
know for sure until the time comes) is that it will be possible to run
"tlmgr update --all" and update from TL09 to TL10.  That's independent
of whether there is a freeze on network updates.

And in any case, I don't understand what any of this has to do with
dehyph-exptl.  Sorry.

karl