[tex-hyphen] hyphenation patterns for URLs

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Oct 16 20:38:57 CEST 2008

>                                                                    Did I
> miss one in your article?  I don't see it.

  I don't see any either in the current version, but in the course of
writing the article I saw many points where the line looked much better
by breaking a URL or file name at a hyphen.  And in those cases, I
inserted an empty discretionary {\discretionary{}{}{}) *before* the
hyphen, because it might be confusing otherwise.  In the end, I decided
to simply use macros for these generic names, and that's when I thought
that patterns would really be more suited :-)

	Arthur