[tex-hyphen] hyphenation patterns for URLs

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 15 00:47:35 CEST 2008

    werner>    http://
    >    aaa
    >    .bbb
    >    .ccc

I see the point, but I find it very disconcerting.  Not that I mind if
you want to do it that way for your own purposes.

    > BTW, does url.sty support this somehow?

url.sty can do a lot, but I don't see a feasible way to do that.
Perhaps ask Donald.

    arthur> Ironically, in the TUGboat article about hyph-utf8, I had to insert
    all the hyphens in URLs and file names by hand ;-)

I don't understand.  I try to rewrite everything in TUGboat so that
urls, filenames, command names, etc., are never broken at a -, whether
the - is part of the url/filename or not, to avoid the ambiguity.  Did I
miss one in your article?  I don't see it.

karl