[tex-hyphen] Adding latvian language (hyphenation and babel)

Ilmars Poikans ilmars at delibero.lv
Sun Nov 2 17:09:00 CET 2008

Hello,

I tried to use latex and missed normal latvian language support. There are some information bits
around internet what to do, but they are quite old. If there is some person, who could guide me
through the whole process of adding new language and tell me what information is needed, I would be
very glad to add one more language to the tex language list.

Is hyphenation patterns in tex is in the same format as in openoffice hyphenation files (besides
headers, encoding)? There is free openoffice hyphenation pattern for latvian available.

Is there step by step manual what to do to add new language? Or there are mainteners for hyphenation
and babel, whom I should contact about adding new language?

Best regards,
Ilmars Poikans