[tex-hyphen] UTF-ization of hyphenation patterns

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sat May 17 01:02:48 CEST 2008

> Certainly Thomas is a good person to talk with about such matters, but
> FYI, the latest Greek hyphenation patterns were prepared in 2004 by
> Dimitrios Filippou (dfilipp _at_ hotmail _dot_ com).

  Things get funnier, as there are two differents encodings for Ancient
Greek: the common “Babel” Greek, and an alternative one for Ibycus,
which has a separate pattern file (although it encodes exactly the same
information as far as I can see), and is a different language for Babel
Greek, called “Ibycus” (see language.iby.dat in TeX Live).

  And of course, there is Modern Greek, which comes in two flavours,
monotonic and polytonic; but they're really differences in spelling and
should have distinct hyphenation patterns.

	Arthur