[tex-hyphen] Unicode Turkish Hyphenation Pattern

S. Ekin Kocabas kocabas at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 25 07:37:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

I recently converted the Turkish hyphenation pattern "trhyph.tex" into
unicode. The file is attached. This pattern set includes only those
characters used in the current, modern Turkish alphabet (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_alphabet ). The pattern file at
http://www.ctan.org/get/language/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/hyph-tr.tex
has patterns for those characters which are not being used in current
Turkish. The older characters may still be useful to those who deal with
historical texts, but not really for the current day Turkish writer.

I hope this file can be turned into one which may be included in the
hyph-utf8 package. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Best,

Ekin