[tex-hyphen] Czech and Slovak hyphenation patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 18:58:30 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Petr Olsak wrote:

> I have to solve another problem in csplain: this macro is independent of TeX
> distribution, TeX distribution version etc. This is a reason why
> czhyphen.tex is included in csplain package. The csplain package depends on
> Knuth's TeX, Knuths' plain and nothing else. Now, the new dependence will
> occurr: dependence on some patterns-strategy in some TeX distributions.

Maybe Karl could suggest something. (You can still put a copy of
patterns into csplain package?) Which is approximately what Hans does
for ConTeXt (a copy of some most relevant patterns).

On the other hand, I don't see much harm

> I'll prepare a test macro code which swithes to reading of old files
> (czhyphen.tex, ...) if the new files (conv-utf8-il2.tex, hyph-cs.tex)
> cannot be found.

In that case one doesn't gain much since there should be still two
completely different copies of patterns available somewhere.

Maybe csplain is much less critical than all the other files (it
doesn't use UTF-8 engines afterr all and patterns come from csplain,
not from some common place where other patterns reside).