[tex-hyphen] Some cross-tests with existing (ConTeXt) patterns

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jun 18 08:29:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> ---------
>
> * Different patterns (we need to check why):

I've done a bit of research, tracking down the origins of
the problematic lang-xx files.

> c/lang-agr.pat - different (probably due to transition to version 5,
> but there may be other differences)

This one is tricky because the conversion to Utf-8 didn't work out
that well, so there were subsequent hot fixes (by TAS, iirc). The
new version should replace this file totally (and be renamed)

> c/lang-es.pat - incompatible patterns

Source was eshyph.tex, 1993, by Francesca Carmona.

Source is almost certainly obsolete, see this message:

   https://lists.dante.de/pipermail/ctan-ann/2003-June/000701.html

> c/lang-et.pat - incompatible patterns

The patterns in the file are finnish, not estonian. Based on

%%%     author          = "Enn Saar",
%%%     version         = "1.0",
%%%     date            = "1992-03-18"
%%%     filename        = "ethyphen.tex",

> c/lang-ro.pat - incompatible patterns

Based on rohyph.tex 1.0, 1995, that is now obsolete.

Best wishes,
Taco