[tex-hyphen] right/left hyphenmin

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:48:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> There's another issue concerning righthyphmin, namely - XeTeX seems to
> set lccode for guillemets, so that they are treated as a letter

Sorry for my weird sentences.

Additional quote:

---
Now, I have almost completed the work on UTF-8 patterns for ancient
Greek (see also attached), but I have come across a small incident and
I need your help: I noticed that words ending with a consonant (e.g.,
λ) and right guillemets (») get hyphenated before the consonant, which
is wrong, despite the patterns that prohibit hyphenation before final
consonants (e.g., 4λ.). To overcome the problem I added extra
prohibitive patterns with the right guillemets after the final
consonant (e.g., 4λ».). But I think that the problem is just the
\llcode of the character ». What do you think?
---

There are some now extra weird patterns using quillements just in
order to prevent weird breaks, but I agree that it's probably a wrong
lccode. (On the first place: XeTeX should complain that » in patterns
is not a letter, but it doesn't. It only complains when it hits an
apostrophe. Do not ask me how mapping=tex-text which maps ' to some
unicode apostrophe handles that case.)

Thanks,