[tex-hyphen] Esperanto patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:58:42 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you must have nightmares by now about patterns

Not yet.

> eo is still problematic

I know. Esperanto is an exception (but the only one if I forget about
\input) in that respect.
But I don't plan to do anything about it this year unless someone
really needs (or will need) clean patterns for it since clean patterns
mean sacrifying some markup.

The macros there really simplify patterns, and I will try to consult
the author of patterns first. If I simply drop all the markup now, the
author might not be willing to "accept" these new patterns. I will do
something about it, but at the moment these patterns still work ok in
both pdfTeX and XeTeX (I hope). Not that I have the slightest idea
about which fonts they are able to use in pdfTeX (it's ISO Latin 3
encoding) ...

I will do something once I consult the author, but now I'm still quite
happy to have a single exception - will try to get rid of it once the
author agrees.