[tex-hyphen] right/left hyphenmin

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jun 16 10:09:15 CEST 2008

Vladimir Volovich wrote:
> "MM" == Mojca Miklavec writes:
>
>  MM> Hello, Hans has suggested to put information about left/right
>  MM> hyphen min to some "standard" header in hyph-foo.tex. However, I
>  MM> have no idea where to find that data for all the languages.
>
>  MM> Any hints?
>
> in babel *.ldf files, and in hyphenation patterns.

can't there be a file that contains liners with

language(s) patternfile lefthyphenmin righthyphenmin ...

> search for "providehyphenmins" in those files; you'll see something like:
> \providehyphenmins{\CurrentOption}{\tw@\thr@@}

not relevant here ... patterns are generic

> note that some pattern files also set \lefthyphenmin and \righthyphenmin.

i guess that this is done because of the constraints they were generated
in; by it's not up to the patterns to do this; it's enough that the
minimum values are known to the macro package writers

Hans