[tex-hyphen] .dat file discrepancies

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jun 14 19:52:30 CEST 2008

    I have generated & commited the separate .dat files now

Thanks.

- please don't include language.dat in the hyph-utf8/ subdir.  If you
  want it for your own testing, it could be elsewhere in the repo.

- there are a number of .dat files in TL
  Master/texmf/tex/generic/config/ not in your tree, and vice versa.  I
  guess some (or all?) are due to renaming?  Can you please elucidate?
  (Sorry, it's hard to compare.)

Your dir only: ca cs da eu gl hsb id nb nl nn sk sv tr
TL   dir only: ba cz de dk gr iby in mn mn2a ne no py sor sr sw tk ur

  It's no problem to have .dat's be "sourced" in TL and others from
  hyph-utf8, we just need to be sure we don't overlap or miss any.

- your language.uk.dat says it's for ukrainian.  The existing one in TL
  is for UK English, which I don't see in your set.  I guess I should
  make mine into language.gb.dat or something?

karl