[tex-hyphen] web interface for SVN

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Jun 12 19:41:02 CEST 2008

> However, all the .dat files already exist.  (When new patterns show up
> on CTAN, I create them as needed.)  Unless you have some deep desire to
> do so, I see no need for you to maintain or distribute them, or for them
> to be on CTAN.  (I don't know how MiKTeX does this stuff.)

  About that: we found out that language.no.dat would need to be altered
once more.  In TeX Live 2007 we have

	norsk           xu-nohyphbx.tex
	=norwegian
	=bokmal

and a recent modification in TeX Live has brought

	norsk		xu-nohyphbx.tex
	=norwegian
	nynorsk         nnhyph.tex
	bokmal          nbhyph.tex

but this has created three different forms of written Norwegian, which
there aren't.  There are only two, bokmål and nynorsk, and until now
only the former -- the most widespread one -- was supported.  Thus, we
need to revert back to the situation in TeX Live 2007, adding only one
line about nynorsk.  With the new names this gives

	norsk		loadhyph-nb.tex
	=norwegian
	=bokmal
	nynorsk		loadhyph-nn.tex

  I wrote a detailed explanation on
http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/README.Norwegian

> Looking at your repo, I guess that will now be loadhyph-de-1901.tex and
> loadhyph-de-1996.tex, respectively?  Fine.

  I will extend data/language_codes/tex-languages.txt with the names of
the old and new files that TeX loads.

> - I suggest using conv-utf8- instead of conv_utf8_ (dashes instead of
>   underscores), just for consistency.

  No problem with me, I prepared to commit the change.

> - in general, now would be a good time to build the tds-layout tree as we
>   want to actually install it.  I suggest the package name "texhyphen".

  Why not utf8hyphen or unihyphen?  The other patterns are also
"TeX hyphen" after all.

  Then of course, we can put the repository into TDS now.

> - I see the loadhyph files say they are generated.  In that case, I
> request adding a copyright line to the generation:
>
>   % Copyright 2008 TeX Users Group.
>   % You may freely use, modify and/or distribute this file.

  Fine with me.  As far as I'm concerned, we can even choose a more
elaborate license if necessary, but I see no need for it.

	Arthur