[tex-hyphen] minor issues with installer

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jul 31 13:56:06 CEST 2008

[cc-ing texlive: are you sure this was for tex-hyphen?]

Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
> I first tried to use ./tl-portable (from SVN repository) and run
>      texexec somefile

Ok, I have no idea on this one, I don't know enough either ConTeXt or
tl-portable.

> OK, so I thought I would reinstall TL from SVN.

For this one, I have my little idea. First of all, it is *normal* that you
cannot successfully install from the svn at any given time: sometimes the
list of files for a package changes (or the package name or collection
itself) but the database texlive.tlpdb being regenerated only once a day
remains in an incoherent (wrt the actual filesystem) state in the meanwhile.

> Can't call method "depends" on an undefined value at ./install-tl line
> 620, <TMP> line 103757.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll try guessing: this may have something to do with
the fact that a typo was made in a collection file yesterday, so it depends
on something inexistent. This is another possible problem when
updating/installing from the svn.

> I probably have something broken in the SVN repository.

Not you, but probably the repository itself at the moment you tried.

> So, let's try the network installer then.

Well, this one *should* work. We use a script to make a bit of QA before
uploading the updates to CTAN, since two days, hope it worked...

> OK, it's my fault, but can someone maybe add a note "you need to run
> X11 in order to be able to use x11"? (Minor, unimportant issue, but it
> would be nice to document it somewhere.)

:-) Maybe it's possible to check if DISPLAY is set before starting, indeed.
Would it be enough?

Manuel.