[tex-hyphen] naming Swiss German hyphenation patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 21:10:45 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Stephan Hennig <mailing_list at arcor.de> wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec schrieb:
>> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Stephan Hennig wrote:
>>>
>>> (i) For XeTeX patterns?
>>>
>> I've seen the gsw language tag, but personally I would prefer
>>
>> de-ch-1901
>> de-ch-1996
>>
>> (CH should normally be uppercase, but due to occasional problems in
>> casing TeX files, lowercase is preferred).
>
> Thanks.
>

>>> gswiss/ngswiss
>>> germansw/ngermansw
>>> germanch/ngermanch
>>
>> (All of them seem a bit too messy to me. I would suggest slightly
>> longer names, but I guess that everything connected to
>> babel/polyglossia needs a bit of reworking.)
>
> OK.  Swiss German language support should slightly differ from German
> language support, so this issue will be raised again in the future.
>
> For now, we'll probably chose one of the three alternatives listed above
> augmented by -x-<date>.  Is that OK?

That's your package after all (I guess that you are going to ship it
together with the rest of German patterns?), so naming is probably
left to you?

But we or you can add one version (hyph-de-ch-19xx.tex) of both files
to hyph-utf8 as well (at least until someone comes up with a general
scheme what to do with different versions of patterns, let's stick to
a single version for some time).