[tex-hyphen] Hyphenation patterns for ancient Greek

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:44:42 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Albert Kapune wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using MiKTeX 2.7 and I want to set up the hyphenation patterns for
> ancient Greek (using »MiKTeX Options«). When the format files are
> created I receive the following error log:
>

> | (E:\texmf\tex\generic\hyph-utf8\loadhyph\loadhyph-grc.tex
> |
> | Hyphenation patterns for Ancient Greek
> |
> | ! I can't find file `grahyph5.tex'.
> |
> | l.27     \input grahyph5.tex

Thanks for the "bug" report. Actually, the problem is that Dimitrios
has sent the files by a private mail, we included them into TeX Live,
but he has never submitted them to CTAN. Now I did that in his name (I
hope that's OK), so that Christian can update the package and fix
MikTeX.

A quick fix if you need the patterns before MikTeX is fixed:
a) either rename grahyph4.tex into grahyph5.tex
b) or fix E:\texmf\tex\generic\hyph-utf8\loadhyph\loadhyph-grc.tex to
include grahyph4.tex instead
b) or download files from
http://www.tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/legacy/tex/generic/hyphen/
(suggested solution)
just don't forget to revert your fix once the proper one comes.