[tex-hyphen] [tex-live] CZ/SK in babel for TL 08

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 15:32:30 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/7/16 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>:

>>> It should work both with IL2 and T1, both patterns should be loaded in
>>> the format and babel should switch them according to the current
>>> encoding. There is a new hook in babel for doing it and Johannes wrote
>>> us that he has already included it in babel.dtx. It only needs to be
>>> enabled in language.dat. If you have the conf file for converting the
>>> patterns to IL2, it will make my experiments easier. I was able to do
>>> it for TL2007.
>>
>> We have all the code needed to enable loading patterns in IL2, but no
>> hooks & no knowledge (at least speaking for me) to do it.
>>
> This was impossible until now. Petr Tesarik wrote a patch to babel and
> Johannes Braams added it to the official distribution a week ago. I
> can prepare the contents od language.dat for czech and slovak and you
> can then do it for other languages.

I won't be touching other languages before TL 2008. Esp. because
Norbert is now on vacation, because we can run out of memory, and
because TL is just before the release. But we can do it right after
that (or maybe once pattern loading will be possible on the fly).

Germans also have some hooks and It would be nice to solve all
problems at once and in a proper way.

For Czeck and Slovak we can make the needed modification if you send
us the solution. In the worst case, you'll be the one to have problems
if it won't work :P :) :) :)