[tex-hyphen] hyphenation group

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Sep 1 09:13:31 CEST 2004

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>>A next step then is changes in patterns:
>>
>>- improvements
>>- fundamental changes (dutch, german spelling reform etc)
>>

>In German, we need *both* pattern sets (for old and new orthography).
>This makes another element in the name of the hyphenation pattern
>file...

that's indeed why i want more detail in the name, although ... wasn't the new spelling reform to be reverted (startign with newspapers, followed by schools)? -)

anyhow, it also means that we should stimulate awareness to mark document sources so that it's clear what patterns to use (interesting thread of its own)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE