[tex-hyphen] hyphenation group

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 28 00:11:22 CEST 2004

So as you should have seen, I've set up tex-hyphen at tug.org, which
consists of: Hans, Petr Sojka, Steve Peter, Kevin Scannell, and me.

Petr: you may not know Kevin.  He recently wrote a paper on his Irish
hyphenation patterns for TUGboat, and recruits students and others to
build new patterns, especially for minority languages.  He's building up
text databases and spell checking info for 150+ languages at
http://borel.slu.edu/crubadan/.

You can get his paper (preprint) at
http://tug.org/TUGboat/production/tb24-3/tb78scannell.pdf.  (Comments
welcome, I'm sure :)  It'll be in the next regular TUGboat, should be
out sometime this fall.  (And hey, hope the trip to Xanthi goes well!)

Hans said he'd draft up a web page or two, I'll set up
http://tug.org/hyphen I guess.  Whatever works ...

Thanks,