[tex-eplain] Error

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jul 3 18:52:26 CEST 2016

Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> I've been linking different files one to another with cross-reference hyperlinks. Recent versions of Eplain have actually cross-reference hyperlinks, but only within one single file. I wrote some macros - years ago - that put together hyperlinks and cross-references so to have cross-reference hyperlinks work *also* between two different files. But I want each of those different documents, linked now together with cross-reference hyperlinks, to live and be processed by TeX not only as single articles but also as children (sections) of a master: both alternate possibilities according to needs. For that purpose, I needed `\if' conditions that would alternatively activate both `modes': let's call them `book' and `no book'. So now I'm going back to an old problem in order to improve its solution already found years ago. What I want is the following: when referring to a \subsection, *if* we are in book mode I want something like simply `Section 3'. Instead, if we are in `single
> articles' mode, I want something like `Article-Title Section 3'. I hope I was clear enough.
OK, I think I understand, but it is not an area in which I have any expertise.  I will investigate (when I have time) but others with more experience in this area are more likely to be of help to you.  But (just a thought) -- assuming that "Article-Title Section 3" is not the displayed text (this would be trivial) but is instead a plain text representation of the contents of the hyperlink, is there any reason why such a hyperlink could not also be used in book mode ?

** Phil.
--

Philip Taylor