[tex-eplain] cite package

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:07:53 CET 2012

Hi zaka,

Sorry for the late reply.

On 1/16/12, zaksh270 <zaksh270 at isy.liu.se> wrote:
>  When I use cite package I get the message
>
>  ./chapter1/Chapter1.tex:24:Paragraph ended before \org@@citex was
>  complete

That's because nobody ever ensured that the cite package works with
Eplain.  Eplain is not LaTeX, it only provides stubs for a few LaTeX
packages to enable them to work under Eplain, where it makes sense.
Here's a list of packages which work with Eplain:

    http://www.tug.org/eplain/doc/eplain/Packages-known-to-work.html#Packages-known-to-work

>  Biu I want to use cite package.

Looking at the documentation for cite.sty I see this:

   "Modify LaTeX's normal citation mechanism"

which makes me very doubtful that cite.sty can be made to work with
Eplain without reimplementing a big chunk of LaTeX.

I think your best bet is to find a plain TeX package which does what
you want, lacking which you'd have to do some coding.

Sorry for not being of much help,
Oleg