[tex-eplain] bwidth option doesn't have any effect

Christos Chryssochoidis c.chryssochoidis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 00:30:52 CEST 2011

Hi Oleg,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Oleg Katsitadze <olegkat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 04:59:29 +0200, Christos Chryssochoidis <c.chryssochoidis at gmail.com> said:
>> I'm trying to hide the frames around citations using
>> \hlopts{bwidth=0}, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.
>> I'm using eplain with LuaTeX 0.65. Could it be a bug in eplain, or am
>> I doing something wrong?
>
> Actually, I believe it's a bug in old Acrobat Readers (4.? and below
> IIRC).

I remember that I used Mac OS X's Preview app to view the produced
pdf, so maybe the problem isn't specific to Acrobat Readers.

> The only way I know to hide borders for those viewers is to use
> this low-level hack:
>
>  \pdfstartlink
>    attr{/Border [0 0 0]}
>  \pdfendlink
>
> See pdfTeX manual for information on \pdfstartlink.

I'll have that in mind next time I'll try out eplain. To be honest,
due to very strict time constraints, I resorted to using XeLaTeX with
the hyperref package.

Anyway thank you very much for the workaround,

Christos