[tex-eplain] footnotes

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Tue May 18 20:19:48 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 18:31 (+0100), Adam Fenn wrote:

> It's a bit quiet here, am I the only person not using LaTeX?
Nah, it's just that plain TeX users aren't as confused as LaTeX users :-)

> How can I use the command \footnotenumber=0  so that numbered footnotes
> are automatically reset to 1 on each page? I tried putting into the
> header but that didn't work.
You already got an answer to that, although I wonder if it is robust
to footnotes that are referred to on one page but which show up only
on the following page.

> Also has anyone got a hack they would like to share of how to put
> footnotes into two columns at the foot of the page?
Are you saying your main page text is one column, but you want the
footnotes to be in two columns?

Cheers.
				Jim