[tex-eplain] German.sty does not work in (e)plain.tex

Michael Weller michael.weller at t-online.de
Mon Feb 8 10:34:12 CET 2010

Hello John,

thanks for your reply. Now, that would be a different approach, I think it
would remove the need for german.sty alltogether. Unicode is in principle
fine, and yes I could use it.

However, this is also for some old documents and I must admit I'm now quite
used to the "a and "s stuff. These macros from german.sty work well, but it
doesn't get the hyphenation pattern. Now, in principle I can watch the
printout and use \- where needed. But it's so easy to overlook something.

Michael Weller.

[...]