[tex-eplain] what keyboard do you use/like

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Oct 24 00:19:00 CEST 2009

On Friday 23 October 2009 10:30:54 Dorai Sitaram wrote:
> I figure this readership must have a particularly intense
relationship with
> keyboards and must have developed strong likes and hates
grounded on long
> usage.  What keyboard do you use or prefer?  If a purpose has
to be
> specified, I'd say typing documents (as opposed to multimedia
usage or
> gaming).
>
> --d
I have used so many I have lost count, starting with a Smith
Corona portable typewriter in 1943. Currently I use a 101 key
rescued from a dead Packard Bell computer my stepson gave me.
This antique replaced a brand new keyboard that came with my
Systemax no-os desktop system. Unfortunately on the Systemax
keyboard the letters on the keycaps started wearing off rather
quickly. Two letters were completely blank in a few months.
Although I touch-type for the most part I still like to have the
letters indicated for when I have a senior moment.

Packard Bell may have made junky computers, but they bought
good keyboards.  The "e" is starting to fade a bit however. Maybe
I will fill it in with a ballpoint pen.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"