[tex-eplain] Problems with math symbols in pdftex outlines

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:13:26 CEST 2009

I already sent this message to the pdftex and texhax mailing list but got no
reply, so I'm trying here since I'm eplain user.  I apologize if this is a
wrong place for this question.

With the pdftex commands `\pdfoutline' and `\pdfdest' I produce outlines in a
left subwindow in the pdf output file.

It seems to work fine, except that in math symbols the dollar is shown as it
is: `$'.  More in general, other TeX commands like accents are not expanded.

How to work that out?  Isn't it possible to write TeX math symbols within
pdftex outlines?

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo