[tex-eplain] Does xeplain.tex still exist?

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:01:15 CEST 2009

Hi Jim,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:59:03AM -0300, Jim Diamond wrote:
> It tells me to see xeplain.tex.  I don't see this file in texlive 2008,
> nor does a file search by name on CTAN find me anything.

xeplain.tex is a source file which is stripped of comments and
combined with a few other files to produce eplain.tex.  CTAN doesn't
find xeplain.tex because it is stored together with other source files
in a zip archive:

    http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/eplain/source/eplain/

> Nor is xeplain.tex part of the download at http://tug.org/eplain/

It's inside this tarball:

    http://tug.org/eplain/eplain-3.2.tar.gz

> Q: is xeplain.tex just well-hidden, or is it gone forever (and thus
> that comment is outdated)?

I agree it's a little obscure.  I'll try to clarify this a bit.

Best,
Oleg