[tex-eplain] Eplain 3.3 released
olegkat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:02:30 CEST 2009
Dear Eplain users,
I'm happy to announce release 3.3 of Eplain. Eplain's home page is
Location on CTAN is
(note that it will take some time for the package to be updated on
The manual is available on-line from Eplain's home page, or as a
(royalties are donated to the TeX Users Group).
Here's an excerpt from the NEWS file.
* New commands \eqnum and \eqalignnum, counterparts of \(l)eqno and
\(l)eqalignno, producing equation numbers which can be uniformly
transformed to right-aligned (\righteqnumbers) or left-aligned
* Eplain has borrowed the eTeX, ExTeX, XeTeX and XeLaTeX logos from
* \idxnameseparator is now expanded once so that the .idx file
contains its contents instead of the macro call.
* Non-silent indexing macros have been fixed not to produce a spurious
newline when newline's catcode is 13 (active).
* Eplain now takes care to unactivate any active characters before
typesetting index term in the margin for proofing.
* Updated ifpdf.sty.
* LaTeX package reloading warnings are now not shown on the terminal.
* Documentation improvements.
Thanks to everybody who contributed with bug reports, feature
suggestions and code patches.
More information about the tex-eplain