[tex-eplain] Problems with \href{url}{text} and xdvi

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 18:05:37 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 05:29:39PM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> within the dvi file with xdvi, it seems that the program
> wants to use Netscape and complain not finding it.
>
> How can I convince it to accept my Mozilla web browser?

>From man 1 xdvi:

       -browser browser
              (.wwwBrowser) Defines the web browser used for handling
              external URLs. The value of this option or resource has
              the same syntax as the BROWSER environment variable; see
              the explanation of that variable in the section
              ‘ENVIRONMENT’ below for a detailed description.  If
              neither the option nor the X resource wwwBrowser is
              specified, the environment variables BROWSER and
              WWWBROWSER (in that order) are used to determine the
              browser command. If these are not set either, the
              following default value is used: netscape -raise -remote
              openURL(%s,new-window) :xterm -e lynx %s:xterm -e wget
              %s

HTH,
Oleg