[tex-eplain] optional arguments

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 02:23:01 CEST 2009

On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 07:43:57AM -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> It seems to me that you can force a sort any way you want
> to. For example:
> \sidx{Smith J at Smith, John, London}
> \sidx{Smith A at Smith, London}
>
> Or am I missing something?

Well, of course -- in the extreme case, you can associate a number
with every single index term and have complete control over sorting.
But even if don't go to the extremes, I think these tweaks are OK
occasionally, but if you start using them systematically in a large
document, after a while these will become confusing.  Especially if
such index terms are generated automatically, like in Adam's case.

Oleg