[tex-eplain] hypertext problems

John Frampton j.frampton at neu.edu
Fri Sep 12 14:34:00 CEST 2008

Thanks to John Was, Dan Lueking, Jim Diamond, and Oleg for helping with my
hypertext problems.

It turns out that the core problem involved commmand line option specification
for dvips.

     dvips -z myfile.dvi                    produces the desired result
     dvips -z -O 0.1in,0.1in myfile.dvi     does not

The -O option is used to offset the image to correct for printers (like mine)
that offset pages.  The dvips documentation says it "is usually best specified
in the printer-specific configuration file", but does not disallow its use as a
command line option.

It seems to me to be a dvips bug, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks again,
John