[tex-eplain] URL links and Acroread 8.1.1 (Linux Slackware)

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Tue May 6 18:51:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, May  6, 2008 at 11:15 (-0400), John Culleton wrote:

> First I created my own macro for URL links following the directions in
> the pdftex manual. Then I noticed references to using the hyperref
> package in the Eplain Manual.

> When viewed in Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 and using my routine there are
> ugly boxes wrapped tightly around each such link.
"Ugly"?  I didn't realize you had such a gift for understatement.  I
tip my hat to you.

> Kpdf does not show the boxes.  My question: Will switching to the
> hyperref package eliminate the boxes?
I don't know that, but try inserting the line of code below as below.

> Here is my macro and also a catcode change to handle underlines in
> urls:

> \catcode`\_ = 11

> \def\url#1 #2{
> \pdfstartlink user{%
> /Subtype /Link
                /Border [ 0 0 0 ]   % radius, radius, line thickness
> /A <<
>    /Type /Action
> /S /URI
> /URI (#2)
>>>}%
> \Blue #1\Black
> \pdfendlink}

Cheers.
			Jim

--
Dr. Jim Diamond       "Convenio ergo sum"      | ASCII Ribbon Campaign  /"\
Jodrey School of Computer Science              | against HTML email     \ /