[tex-eplain] URL links and Acroread 8.1.1 (Linux Slackware)

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue May 6 17:15:09 CEST 2008

First I created my own macro for URL links following the directions in
the pdftex manual. Then I noticed references to using the hyperref
package in the Eplain Manual.

When viewed in Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 and using my routine there are
ugly boxes wrapped tightly around each such link. Kpdf does not show
the boxes.  My question: Will switching to the hyperref package
eliminate the boxes?

Here is my macro and also a catcode change to handle underlines in
urls:

\catcode`\_ = 11

\def\url#1 #2{
\pdfstartlink user{%