[tex-eplain] turning off indexing

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:07:59 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 11:41:24AM -0500, John Frampton wrote:
> Thank you very much Oleg.

My pleasure :).

> I am in the process now of figuring out precisely how etex differs from
> tex.

Actually, etex is fully backward compatible with tex.  It adds some
new commands and extends some limits, but otherwise it is supposed to
produce exactly the same output as tex, when the new features aren't
being used.  In short, you can just use etex instead of tex, and
everything should work.

> After I use the patched eplain for a while, I will report any
> comments that I think might be worthwhile.

Thanks, it's always good to have testers :).

Cheers,
Oleg