[tex-eplain] Formatting Table Captions

Nate Lowrie solodex2151 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 23:44:36 CEST 2007

I am required to format tables for a thesis I am preparing in a
certain way.  The thesis class I was given has not been updated yet
and I cannot figure out how to get the formatting the way it needs to
be.  Here is the formatting requirements:

c.	All tables are to be labeled with the word Table and the
corresponding number at the top left corner above the actual table
followed by a double space. The title  is positioned beneath the table
number and is underlined followed by a double space down to the actual
table.
d.	Table spacing is as follows: from the text to the table number
there are two double spaces, from the table number to the table title
is one double space and from the table title to the actual table is
one double space.  The table back to the text is two double spaces.

I have the spacing down.  However, I cannot find a way to make the
title line up horizontally with the left edge of the text.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Nate Lowrie