[tex-eplain] a new index bug?

Greg Black gjb at gba.oz.au
Sat Aug 25 02:42:47 CEST 2007

On 2007-08-25, Oleg Katsitadze wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:01:03PM +0200, Gérald Tenenbaum wrote:
>> À (At) 14:32 +0100 24/08/07, John Was écrivait (wrote) :
>>>
>>> I have encountered this, and I think Oleg said it was a known problem.
>
> Well, even if I said that, I don't remember :).  But I do remember
> vaguely I had encountered this before.  At the time I didn't have
> time, and later forgot, to debug it.

This won't help much, but I know the bug has existed for a long time.
When I last encountered it, it was around the time when Oleg was taking
over Eplain so I decided to not bother people with it -- in the end, for
the book I was working on, the final index did not trigger the bug and I
forgot about it.  I haven't seen it since, but I've had to do most of
document creation in HTML in recent years, so I haven't had much of a
chance to trip over it.

Cheers, Greg