[tex-eplain] Indexing and numberedlist

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Aug 3 23:02:51 CEST 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007, Oleg Katsitadze wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 07:54:37AM +0000, Adam Fenn wrote:
> > That's a pdftex option, but I have to go TeX > DVIPS > ps2pdf
> > because I use pstricks as well. Is there a way for me to get rid
> > of these boxes - they only show up in Acrobat and not in Preview
> > on my Mac - or will I just have to convert my pstricks files to
> > png?
>
> It is possible, but requires using pdfmarks[1].  I've never really
> looked into this, but IIRC specifying the `-z' option for dvips
> will pass on pdfmark specials into the PS, so that ps2pdf will find
> and use them.  There are many possibilities with pdfmarks, so I was
> planning to make a separate hyperlink driver for pdfmarks -- still
> on my list, sorry.
>
> Oleg
>
> [1] http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdfmark_reference.pdf

> Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
> with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com

Context has a module that allows you to use Pstricks yet get pdf as
the output.  Unfortunately Context and eplain don't play nicely
together.

Usually a normal pdftex file will process through Context without
complaint.

I tried writing my own macro so that I could use the extended indexing
power of Makeindex in Context. . However every call of the macro
(equivalent to \sidx) created extra space on the line.

If just the indexing macros of eplain could be broken out as a
self-sufficient module then that would be useful in the Context
environment. But the macros are so complex and intertwined I despair
of doing that myself. It is postgraduate level work and I still
operate at the elementary school level.

--
John Culleton
ATTN Publishers/authors: