[tex-eplain] \tocentry with `depth' argument,

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed May 3 22:58:57 CEST 2006

    Is there a reason why the arguments of

There is no reason.  I just wrote it that way because it seemed "logical".

    I would have thought #1 and #2 are better in each other's places.  That
    way, if a user were to allow for catcode changes in the title,

I must be being dense, but I don't see how the argument ordering would
make allowing for catcode changes easier?

Anyway, I don't think we can change the behavior now.  Any existing
document that uses the toc stuff would break.

What we could do, if Oleg doesn't think it's too onerous to implement,
is provide a switch that changes the behavior of \writenumberedtocentry,
or a second command, e.g., \writenumberedtocentryb, with the arguments
in the order you want ...

thanks,