[tex-eplain] Stop hyphenation in TOC

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jan 14 17:23:40 CET 2006

I am composng a TOC using eplain. The chapter titles in the book
are very long so that they occupy several lines. I don't want
hyphenation in the TOC. I have tried adjusting \pretolerance to
no avail. Here is my code:
----------------------------------
\def\tocchapterentry#1#2#3{\pretolerance 10000\noindent\null
\kern -2em\sm#2: #1 |
#3\hfil\break\null\break\rm}

The TOC entries are created in my chapter macro with lines like:
\writenumberedtocentry{chapter}{#1}{\the\chapno}
\advance\chapno by 1
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: