[tex-eplain] eplain usepackage problems on Mac OS X and cygwin

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 27 00:09:55 CEST 2006

    Do you mean that pdfTeX supports MetaPost files "natively"?

That was my impression, but I guess I was wrong.  I never actually tried
the experiment :).

    I always thought it was implemented as a macro
    (\convertMPtoPDF that you mention).

\includegraphics can do it too, though.  Does \includegraphics read
those supp-* files?  I don't see it in graphics.sty.

    just parses MP files and transforms them into PDF objects
    (see supp-pdf.tex).

Wow.  (I see supp-pdf.tex is another file that needs to be updated on
CTAN.  Sigh.)

Thanks,
Karl