[tex-eplain] Warnings about redefinition of xref labels

Steve Peter speter at dandy.net
Tue Apr 11 15:42:20 CEST 2006

On Apr 11, 2006, at 8:53 AM, Dorai Sitaram wrote:

>> I use Acrobat Reader 7.0.1 for Linux.  And this also does
>> not work on my xpdf version 3.01.
>
> My acroread is older too: version 5.  By the way, my experiment on
> Mac OS X
> didn't produce a hyperlink, but that's because Preview (the PDF
> viewer on
> the Mac) seems incapable of showing any links, even the ones that are
> noncontroversial.

Actually, Preview does have the link, just not the box. However, when
you click the link, Safari (or the default web browser) is launched,
and the PDF is loaded there. The link fails, though, since it points
to http://#apagetag.

And Adobe Reader 7 on the Mac likewise shows odd behavior, but a bit
better. Again if you open the PDF in Reader, goto page 3, click the
link, then Safari is launched, and the PDF is loaded there, but this
time correctly to page 2. Here, it seems to be seeing a fuller (but
still not correctly relative) link: file:///Users/speter/Desktop/
f.pdf#apagetag.

I don't have Windows running at the moment, but I can test it there
later if you wish.

Steve